Dr. Ross Hunter is a native Texan and was raised in Midland, Texas. After graduating from Midland High School, he attended The University of Texas at Austin, allowing him to keep close ties to home. During college, Ross met Jennifer and their adventure together began. After graduating summa cum laude in 1998, Ross pursued and earned a master’s degree in biomechanics from Arizona State University, graduating summa cum laude once again.
Ross and Jennifer moved back to Texas, where he worked as a medical sales consultant for Johnson & Johnson spine division, DePuy Spine. After an inspirational discussion with his orthodontist from Midland, Dr. Robert Henry, Ross decided to attend dental school at The University of Texas Dental Branch at Houston in 2007- and in 2011, attended and later graduated from The University of North Carolina’s orthodontics residency program. Most recently, Ross has worked alongside Dr. Mike Mizell and Dr. Terry Driggers in their orthodontic practices in Houston and West Columbia, respectively.
Ross experienced firsthand the unparalleled hospitality of The Woodlands and the LeCrone Orthodontics practice, as he supported the office for over two months following the passing of Dr. Vance LeCrone. He was undeniably drawn to the family values, quality care, and incredible clientele of LeCrone Ortho, and decided to purchase the practice and move his family to The Woodlands. Ross has chosen to honor Dr. LeCrone and the legacy of the practice, by keeping the hallmark of the LeCrone logo as part of his own logo as he begins his own journey and legacy.
Ross, Jennifer and their children (Julia, Natalie, and Dean) are thrilled to join the Woodlands community, and to continue to build on 10 years of local trust and respect with an orthodontic practice that will create new smiles for so many patients for decades to come.
In March of 2016 Dr. Ross achieved board certification through The American Board of Orthodontics (ABO), the only orthodontic specialty board recognized by the American Dental Association and affiliated with the American Association of Orthodontists.
University of North Carolina
Master of Science in Orthodontics
University of Texas Dental Branch
Doctor of Dental Surgery
Arizona State University
Master of Science in Biomechanics, Summa Cum Laude
University of Texas
Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology, Summa Cum Laude
Awards & Honors
- Miriam Easterling Baker Fellowship, 2013-2014.
- Jack and Renee Dunlevy Fellowship, 2013-2014.
- Inducted into Mu Mu Chapter of Omicron Kappa Upsilon Dental Honor Society, 2011
- Foundation of The Pierre Fauchard Academy Annual Scholarship for outstanding leadership and academic achievements in dentistry, 2010-11.
- UTDB Dean's Student Excellence List: 2007-8, 2008-9, 2009-10, 2010-11.
- Mu Mu Chapter of Omicron Kappa Upsilon Scholarship, 2007-08
Organized Dental Affiliations
- American Association of Orthodontics
- American Board of Orthodontics
- Southwest Society of Orthodontics
- American Dental Association
- The University of Texas School of Dentistry Alumni Association
- The University of North Carolina Orthodontic Alumni Association
- Ludlow JB, Timothy R, Hunter RD, Walker C, Benavides E, Samuelson DA, Scheske M. Effective Dose of Dental CBCT - a meta analysis of published data and data for 9 additional CBCT units. DentoMaxilloFacial Radiology. Publishing in progress, Jan 2015